Monday, November 01, 2010

"Look at me from above"


Poppy's flea condition is better but there are still some growing on his body.
Both his front legs have a raw pink patch on each joint... no point applying cream.

I've learnt to accept that its all part of ageing.

As long as he's healthy, its all that matters.
The vet once told me that most dogs have these joint spots (I'm not sure what is the correct term for it) are common, just like when we rub our elbows it becomes rough.

Same analogy.

3 comments:

Lucky The Super Corgi! said...

how old is poopy?

Qooki said...

a grand old age of 5! haha.

Anonymous said...

I know this is an older post, but I wish to add my two cents on Poppy's flea condition.

As from posts it seems he picks them up easily I'd recomend using Advantix on him every month. And if you haven't de-flead your home after an infestation upon Poppy then the little buggers will just come back stronger then ever.

It's a lie that fleas can only be picked up in warmer weather...they can be picked up anytime. And even a dog who is only let outside for a short amount of time can pick them up...trust me we dealt with it last summer with our two corgi's and it wasn't a fun situation.

We used the Advantix and it killed the flea's right away. It might be expensive...but in the long run I'd personally rather use something expensive that works then something cheap that doesn't. Natural remedies...aren't effective in my personal opinion at least not to the point of getting rid of flea's completely.